We've broken the code on Corrective Action. Our approach is simple but the results are powerful.
A practical approach to problem solving.
Subjects Covered Include:
- Key Terms: Developing a clear understanding of containment, corrective and preventive actions
- Explanations of the management system requirements for Corrective Action and Preventive Action.
- An introduction to the Corrective Action Model with a number of aviation examples
- Detail coverage of the Corrective Action Model steps and related problem solving tools, with examples.
- Detailed descriptions of the roles and responsibilities in an effective Corrective/Preventive Action process for:
- The Originator
- The Administrator
- The Investigator
- The Implementer
- The Verifier
- Containment/Repair versus Corrective Action
- Detailed coverage of the Corrective Action Model with aviation related examples:
- Describing the Problem – Tools including “Is/Is Not”, etc.
- Identifying the Problem Cause – Tools including the Process of Elimination, Root Cause, 5 Whys, Strategic Business, etc.
- Determining Appropriate Action to Eliminate Problem Cause – Tools including Creative Problem Solving, Priority Mapping, etc.
We have created example procedures and Corrective/Preventive Action logs for you to use. Download these forms and customize them to meet your specific needs: CAPAR Log CAPAR Procedure CaparFormWord