A practical approach to problem solving.
Subjects Covered Include:
- Key Terms: Developing a clear understanding of containment, corrective and preventive actions
- Explanations of the management system requirements for Corrective Action and Preventive Action.
- An introduction to the Corrective Action Model with a number of aviation examples
- Detail coverage of the Corrective Action Model steps and related problem solving tools, with examples.
- Detailed descriptions of the roles and responsibilities in an effective Corrective/Preventive Action process for:
- The Originator
- The Administrator
- The Investigator
- The Implementer
- The Verifier
- Containment/Repair versus Corrective Action
- Detailed coverage of the Corrective Action Model with aviation related examples:
- Describing the Problem – Tools including “Is/Is Not”, etc.
- Identifying the Problem Cause – Tools including the Process of Elimination, Root Cause, 5 Whys, Strategic Business, etc.
- Determining Appropriate Action to Eliminate Problem Cause – Tools including Creative Problem Solving, Priority Mapping, etc.
All of this is presented in an easy to understand and entertaining manner, that includes the use of many unique graphics and examples.
We have created example procedures and Corrective/Preventive Action logs for you to use. Download these forms and customize them to meet your specific needs: CAPAR Log CAPAR Procedure CaparFormWord